Position: Developer (c#)
Location: Manchester, flexible work and client sites (Travel will be required where appropriate.)
Hours: 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday (Weekends may be required on high-level projects.)
Salary: competitive, based on experience (Two vacancies)
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, performance-related bonus, pension contribution scheme, flexible working, occupational sick pay, attendance of social events throughout the year, training and support towards industry-recognized certifications, career progression plan and support.
Agile Automations Ltd is a well-established, high growth company, made up of industry-leading, creative and professional business individuals, who love what they do. Due to rapid expansion, we are looking to grow our Software Development team by recruiting Junior and Senior Software Developers.
We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for writing software to the very high standards our clients demand. Using appropriate technologies such as Visual Studio, asp.Net, MVC and VBA, you should be able to develop brilliant software solutions, working in an iterative manner, using our long-established agile methodology.
You will need good written and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to organize your own work schedule, taking ownership for your projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acting as a technical lead in project delivery and defining appropriate architectures for complex solutions.
- Working with experienced software consultants in defining, and estimating effort for client delivery work.
- Working closely with project managers and Scrum Masters to ensure blockers are identified and removed as soon as possible.
- Active in ensuring the continuous improvement of their processes and practices.
Qualifications and Skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Automating core business software such as Internet Explorer, SharePoint, Excel, SAP etc.
- Independently designs and/or codes efficient, cost-effective application program solutions
- Develops new and/or reuses existing code in a .NET environment.
- With limited direction, translates business requirements to technical specifications.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of delivering software projects using Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies.
- Project management experience
- Scrum accredited
- Full UK Driving license
- Microsoft certified
25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, performance-related bonus, pension contribution scheme, flexible working, occupational sick pay, attendance of social events throughout the year, training and support towards industry-recognized certifications, career progression plan and support.
Diversity and Equal opportunity Policy statement [Detailed policy available on request]
Agile Automations Ltd. is committed to supporting, developing, and promoting diversity and equality in all its employment practices and activities and aims to establish an inclusive culture free from discrimination and based on the values of fairness, dignity, and respect. Agile Automations Ltd. will support and develop the staff through providing everyone with access to facilities, personal and career development opportunities, and employment on an equal basis regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, transgender identity, or religion/belief.
This policy builds on the foundation of equality and anti-discrimination legislation and strives, not only to comply with legal requirements but to use these to ensure that Agile Automations Ltd. endeavours to exemplify best practice.
Agile Automations Ltd. values diversity and recognises that the organisation is greatly enhanced by the different range of backgrounds, experiences, views, beliefs, and cultures represented within its staff. The Service aims to embrace diversity in all its activities and acknowledges that variety and difference are intrinsic to the success and future development of the business.
Agile Automations Ltd. values, People, Pride and Professionalism, underpin the Diversity and Equality Policy and are integral to Agile Automations Ltd. becoming an employer of choice.
Agile Automations Ltd. expects all employees, contractors, and agency staff to act in accordance with this Policy.
Job Type: Full-time