Our client, a medium sized bank, had approx. 40,000 customers that held short to long term saving accounts. Previously, these customers would be unaware of their annual interests earned, maturity dates and amounts so they would need to call up the bank to enquire.
To serve these customers daily, bank would need to hire 16 members of staff incurring huge resourcing cost. They did not have such budget so they would have struggled to provide a world class service to exceed the industry expectations and meet regulatory requirements.
The process needs to connect to SAP, Excel, PDF writer and fixed deposit savings system to collect data and prepare statements.
The steps would involve:
- Running the process triggered automatically by the online requests from clients or based on a set schedule;
- Extracting all data directly from the savings section of SAP;
- Calculating interests and expected return on maturity, including the early withdrawal charges and aggregate amounts;
- Generating pdf statements and uploading them onto the DHL postal portal for sending as paper statements;
- Generating encrypted pdf statements and sending them electronically with industry-level security, where customers have chosen to receive them electronically;
- Generate annual statements and reports and make them available on customers’ online access accounts; and
- Running independently, overnight, without any impact on business operations.
Key Deliverables/Success Criteria
Customer Journey through the Automation
We considered other off-the-shelf record-and-play RPA solutions prior to contacting Agile guys, however we realised that our requirements being complex and involving multiple systems, needed an RPA provider that can build truly agile, configurable and bespoke solutions. We are happy that we not only avoided cost, but also gained some intangible benefits like CSAT scores.
Scrum development methodology combined with extensive experience in developing custom coded RPA solutions, we at Agile Automations are changing the desktop RPA scene towards a more sustainable and reliable adaptation of RPA into the businesses.
Can your business benefit from such relentless commitment to perfection? Contact us to find out more!